Friday 8 November 2013

The Production Manual Book



The Production Manual Book.

This book is key to this project. It has helped me essentially to this brief! I do like how it breaks it into sections due to the print production having different stages and is a lot larger than what you expect. I didn't really think about screen printing and hand rendered techniques when they said design for print. 

The book has a a really good layout I like how they have used different stock for different chapters which are in relation to the subject. For example they have use a gloss finish for the chapter on image manipulation therefore will be photography. 

I also like that they have put the websites of the designers who's work is used within this book. This gives you chance to look at the studios to look further into them to find out more information, maybe on how they created that finish.


Although, since I have decided on what I want to concentrate on within in my subject for the brief. I have looked at the special techniques which is the finishings page and, there isn't much to read for this chapter. Which I am rather disappointed about.

No comments:

Post a Comment