Friday 15 November 2013

Research into Other Finishing Books



Research into Other Finishing Books.




I like the exposed stitching at the side due to the bright colours standing out against the blank white cover. I like the debossing also, due to it been a blind deboss and therefore the use of the light is needed.




I am liking the screen printed pattern onto the book binding material. The button just adds a little touch. I am thinking about doing hard back book due to I am wanting it to be a long lasting and professional book.





I like the front cover of this book due to the presentation of debossing and also the die cut so you can see the screen printed patterns below. I like the hard back bound as well. I like the sizing of the book and think it is a good sizing. I don't want the book to be A4 but not too small.






I like the use of the brightly colour belly band. I like the way they have use a plain grey background with the screen printed title then the bright colour to highlight the subject.





I think I am wanting to deboss my cover too as all the examples I have seen so far seem to look very good. Although, I think this material is leather and therefore you won't get the same desired effect although, all the ones above still look good, especially on the white cover.





This has just been perfect binded with a card cover. I like how they have embossed the cover also. I think that idea of the overlaying the title over the emboss also creates a good effect. The detail is very good quality too so I think this has been created through a copper plate rather than laser cut wood.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment