Wednesday 13 November 2013

How to... Research



How To... Research



This relates to the snake book, that I have found in my research into different kinds of books. One of my main doubts with the snake books was I didn't know how it would lay out and would it be hard to follow. But here they have used numbers and moved across the top then down to the next line and across to the left, like a snake like motion. I like the simple line drawings and the minimal amount of text also.





Although, I don't really want to use imagery for my how to book I don't want to rule it out at this moment in time. I think this is a very basic way of displaying information but easy to the eye & to follow. I like the title one side of the page and then the steps on the other. I am not to sure if it is too grid like for the aesthetic I want to create. As I want mine to be free flowing as this is what print is like. You never sure of the end result.



Again this is photographic which I have found a lot of them do use photography which I think is due to giving a clear picture of how to do it etc... I like the little amount of information given so you don't have to read masses of information to understand the steps.




This is one of my favourites, I like how they have broken down the images rather than lots with the description underneath. I like how it looks handwritten due to the hand rendered fact or printing. The white space makes it look fresh and easy to follow. Doesn't look too much to read so you would bother.





I like this due to the basic layout, I like the use of the one colour throughout all of the visuals. The use of the water colour is clever I like how it doesn't stay within the lines as this is the same method like printing. Due to it spreading and then the information is below each image. The information is minimal also which makes it easier to follow & read.



I like this due to the list of what they need to. Although, this is the ingredients need to make this dish, I would put in things to make sure you have considered before you start your process. I like the use of the image of the final image. I would put a fabulous print of the process I am explaining.



I like the paper used on this book. The use of the black & white for highlighting the key areas. I like the handwritten & hand drawn effect. I like the use of the ingredient draw on one side of the page and then a paragraph explaining the dish before starting to do the step-by-step guide.


This again has the same look of the one above. Although, these have used infographics to say how many they need. I like the use of he colour scheme, due to the natural look, there is no harsh colours and eye on the eye. I like the use of the print within the imperfections, this creates a lovely vintage look.




This is another how to tie your tie. I like the simplistic images they are all replicated just simply changing the positioning of the tie. Although, I don't think that these are the clearest illustrations, as it would be difficult to draw the different steps etc... Due to the similarity of each of sides.




I spotted this when I was eating my popcorn from my graze box. I like how they have highlighted the important parts by enlarging the text in a freehand type. This will be ideal for me as drawing isn't my strong point so to keep the visuals to a minimal will be more beneficial to myself. I like the simple steps, then I also like the hot tips down the side due I could use this as hot tips of how to create the best finish or important factors before you start etc....



These are both books on how to do screen printing. They are both very different, The one below is not necessarily in order and doesn't have steps to follow as such. You would just have to read this before going to do the process as it would be hard to keep your point. I think the image above of the book, with the captions underneath, I do think I need to use numbers to make sure they can follow easily.





Overall,  think I am going to try & mix both of these above together as these I believe are going to work nicely in harmony and also are a good representation of the methods of finishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment