Sunday 18 May 2014

Website & Web Banner Research

I looked at the everyman cinema firstly to see where the use of banners would be and what would be the best place for my banner to be. I think the main banner would be the best place, I will try and keep it within the same style of block colour to the right with the description contained.




Then I looked at the other events I researched websites, so I could find how they promote their event & how they categories it. I like the use of the full bleed colour image and then the title in the middle this is very striking and then has an about page, past events & booking.



This website has no current events a due to it only opening in the summer months therefore this allows you to leave an email for the next upcoming event. This is a good option even though my event will be on going maybe the audience doesn't like the particular film so they can leave their email so they get regular email and wait till they see a film they like.




Again the use of the full colour image has been used, they are using the advantages of the scenery to get you in the mood of going to visit that cinema. I am not too sure about the nav bar been at the bottom as when you enter the screen there is no straight understanding of how to book etc...




So then I decided to look at event website and see what kind of pages they have and how they lay it out. I firstly found this the bumbershoot, they have simple pages such as tickets, gallery & get booked. I like the use of no words and the main use of imagery.




I like the use of the left aligning, I think this connotes the nonsense world. Although, I think its pointless although i do think its something that I will look at. Because the website that I am going to be designing is the multisensory website and therefore wouldn't want to set the whole website in this style.



This is a very basic website where you can buy tickets only, this is something what I need but I think that I need to have the ability to be able to explain the event to make sure I get the best targeted audience.



I like this how there is a count down the the event and a guide to what is on on each day. The aesthetic is very simple and clean layout which is similar to my design on the printed products.

No comments:

Post a Comment