Tuesday 6 May 2014

Evaluation.


1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

I believe that this time my research skills have been much more focused, I think that my essay this year have developed upon last in the sense of the subject & areas I looked into within this. I think my writing skills have improved upon last year in terms of the use of more critical & contrasting writers within my essay. I did attempt triangulation, in which I don’t believe was very strong within my essay, but I was very happy with my attempt within my task.




2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I believe that I have developed my layout skills. Normally, I would make sure the page is full packed out with no negative spaces. My practical is different to my normal design work as I really had to concentrate on the layout, as the information that I wanted the publication to hold was very bitty.
I wish I had extra time to package the book so that it would be attracted to the target audience that is in need of this book.

Another method I have developed is that ability to break down information into small captions rather than paragraphs, as I didn’t want something to heavy and demanding as target audience I want to attract would get bored and not read. So the change of using a bold headline which sums up the caption & then having a small caption that they can read within more depth will get the information across fast & simple.




3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

One strength within my work is the synthesis between my essay & my finished practical. The practical is not about the whole essay but I used a large section in which I have gone into with more detail. I have used a few same writers within both my essay & practical so strengthen this also.

Secondly I believe that I fully exhausted my options before going into my final idea for my practical, this therefore helped me to gain an interesting final outcome which I enjoyed to do as this is something I am also interested in. I think that this has help develop the synthesis also because this has given me the chance to gain the upmost combination between my two deliverables.




4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

The weaknesses I have identified within my work, is that struggle I have with creating informative sentences, I have to read my work a few times before noticing the difficult sentences as, the way I write is not smooth or flowing.

Secondly, I think that I need to strengthen my ability to add in writers in a correlated way. I think that this has expanded from my research, although I did extensive research I don’t look for quotes before I start my essay therefore I find them as I go along.

Another weakness has been my time management, I have been very time restricted due to the all the other module deadlines we have so close together. This is something I want to address next year, I want to make a good start on my dissertation in the holidays so then I have lots of time to improve it. Because I don’t like writing I really put off doing the essay this year although, I think this is something I want address next year as I think I would have definitely benefited from this time to improve rather than having to be satisfied with what I am handing in.




5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

1.     I will research into a depth for my dissertation before starting my essay, this is including finding appropriate quotes to make sure that I get a basis to follow before writing. I always make a plan but I tend to go off on one while writing and don’t stick to it.

2.     I am going to practice triangulation over the holidays as this is something I want to strengthen, I believe my first attempt when given the task, was very successful as I did this task as soon as I got home and therefore it was still fresh in my mind the ways to do it. But since then I have tried to do it with my essay and wasn’t so successful.


3.     I am going to research into Harvard referencing as I do believe I was good at this last year as we had a lesson to teach us. But since then I forgot this and therefore had to research it again after in my tutorial about my essay draft he told me I needed to make it more consistent as I didn’t have no system to follow.

4.     I am going to make sure that I truly enjoy my dissertation subject so that I don’t start waffling to fill the word count. I have enjoyed the subject of consumerism but I am not too sure that I would be able to fulfil the 10,000 word count within this subject.



6. How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor
Attendance  5
Punctuality   5

Motivation    3

Commitment  3

Quantity of Work   3

Quality of Work     4

Contribution to the Group  2



No comments:

Post a Comment