Wednesday 23 April 2014

Development of Publication

I firstly seen this on one of my recent trips to Tesco and I thought, this would be very fittings for my project as it is pushing everything they sell within the hello sign therefore welcoming and directing people around the store.



Then I wanted to decided upon a colour scheme, I wanted to direct away from using black and therefore seen these colour mix ups and I liked the way they have a different colour for each book. This is something I would like to do for each chapter in my book. I have used the top three colours as a starting point and then adjusted these to make sure I get a colour that can be printed to the same colour as the screen colours.

Now I am going to start designing my book, I am going to do the book in A5 format due to the small sections of information and therefore won't be too much going on, on one page. 




 
This was the first layout I tried, I didn't want the book to look too overloaded with information so I though that if I placed two on each page this would allow this to happen. Although, I have aligned them to different sides I think this is still confusing and I don't like the overlap of information. I think I could try and spread the information out even more as this looks quite overpowering as this will be on both sides like a DPS.









I thought, the title could work on a larger scale ans theses are basically caption that say it all but the bodycopy just goes in to more depth. Then this can also be a scanning book rather than a good read! Although, I think this could work quite well I think its too spread out and lose and therefore doesn't follow my concept of been controlled etc...

So therefore, along the idea of control I thought I would try a box around the sections. , I like the use of the box framing the section this makes the information restricted and therefore the small sections won't get confusing like the one above. This looks still heavy, maybe I could try moving the vector to the top of the page & make it small so the box does have some breathing space.

 

So here is my try. I think it looks more like flash cards and this could be a good thing as it is just short sharp information which can be held by the brain, rather than long boring paragraphs. I might just try one more idea I have in mind just to make sure this is the best possible layout.






  
So this is the last layout I wanted to try I really like this layout, it is following the rules of Poundstone with if you place a box around something the brain will read it first like so on menu etc...



I have decided this is the one I am wanting to work with as I have created the same grid now on each page so they are more balanced. I am happy with the colour scheme and this will change for each chapter although, the navy will stay the same.




No comments:

Post a Comment