Tuesday 11 February 2014

Primary Research : Morrisons




I went to my local Morrisons to see how they laid out there shop & there current promotions etc... 

I took a few pictures as I was approached by a manager asking if I had any permission so therefore had to stop but I had taken quite a few before been asked.

Here are my images I took:

 This is currently there wayfinding around the store. I like the used of the breakdown and aisle numbers. But it looks boring and dull, it doesn't look very welcoming although I think it does the job very well.


 This is one of their latest promotions, they have collaborated with johnson&johnson to create a baby & toddler event. This is an event which has discount baby & toddler products. This signage is very different from all design within the store. So this therefore tells me it would be ok to include different colour in whatever we do as long as we keep the logo the same?



 All down the middle aisle there was these hanging from the ceiling. The pick of the shop, these are mainly pound offers which are strategically placed at the end of aisles so all shoppers can't miss them. From this image you can see all the promotions. Eg. Great Value.. This is very striking and in your face.



 They have recently updated my local store. So that all the different ares have different colour codes, this makes it easily distinguishable. This is another way of wayfinding within the store.


 The personalisation of the name of the person who is serving the fish today was a personal touch I liked. This is making the experience more welcoming and the way they lay the fish is very fancy.






 This is another promotion that is running throughout the store, the payback bonus.This is a bonus where you need to spend £40 on a shop for 4 consecutive weeks and then you you save £10 off your 5th shop and 10p off every litre of fuel.



 This is the latest addition to the renovation to the store. It the new steam vegetable stand. They only have one of there but it gives the veg under the impression of luxury and fresh. I also like the use of the signage with the black board effect, this is reinforcing the idea of the market style.



They have lots of banners outside also to encourage people passing to pop-in. The focus at the moment is valentines so offers such as roses & chocolates etc....


I think I learnt a lot from this visit I have realised the focuses on the brand. Also that the signage for promotions doesn't have to keep in the Morrisons style due to the other events not using the same design.

I am most definitely going to be visiting the store again, also I am going to visit the Kirkstall venue due to that been the store of the future therefore this should give us a step path for the direction they are going in.

No comments:

Post a Comment