Friday 21 February 2014

Cinema Influenced layout & Design

I found this on behance. I like the stock used on this image with the inks of monochrome with the red ink for the titles. I like the use of the lines to break up the bodycopy from the title. Also the use of the X & Y axis titles. Although, I think this would only work mainly on a title page rather than every page. Although, i don't understand the use of the brown paper as this has no correspondence to the theme cinema, from my research anyway.


 

I like the use of the vector overlays/underlays. these just add a little extra touch to a bland space. I like how they have decreased the opacity do it is not too over powering. This is a folded concertina, it is more of an information leaflet than a publication but I thought the shape of the leaflet was very interesting as this is something that could stand up alone.



This has given me the idea of numbering my pages with this system of the countdown to the film titles numbers.



I like the use of the art deco style font, this is very appropriate and comes from the origins of cinema therefore very appropriate for this style of publication.


The use of the serif font almost typewriter like is a good use for the bodycopy although I do believe you can fit less words in a small space due to the kerning between each letter. I like the use of the bright bold colour for the caption and the most important parts of the page.




The shape of this publication is very interesting reminds me a of a ticket, also again the title used is within the art deco style. I like the use of the slight opacity of a vector underneath the text with the red bold important parts.







No comments:

Post a Comment