Friday 7 November 2014

First COP3 Tutorial

I took lots of articles I had been reading and made notes on along with things I think are interesting. Also ideas for primary research.

So overall my tutorial was very positive & made it much clearer for me overall.


At first she asked me what my working title was...


I started looking at my notes and she said nooo, without looking at them so I explained about the problem of defining tactile design etc...

We then got onto interactive design & how people can take this in different ways so I need to explain that in my introduction...

She told me that the hierarchy of my title is important & told me to think about what I want to focus on?
The tactile design
Interactivity
Human contact with design.

I need to make a prolog, which is why you have chosen this title? Why its important to you! Why your into it?

I need to write an intro for the next tutorial in 2 weeks. Within the intro I need to tell them what you are going to tell them.

She explained that I will probably have around 4/5 chapters. In the fourth I should bring in a theory. Then write a conclusion and finish it with a case study.

Conclusion - Tell them what you told them! Nothing new! Talk about aura!

Tactile - area?

1st chapter - what you think interactive design is?
Interactivity - definition, but I am focusing on this because...

Theory - Triangulation (4th chapter)
Walter Benjamin - (Aura) What stuff is made out of?
Martin Mccluan - Medium & message.


During the tutorial I told Amber about my current idea of emailing studios with a questions suck as what do you think interactivity is? And they will send a picture back etc... And she told me this would be a great idea and this has lead to the plan of my essay.

Around about what I will talk about in my chapters:

1st Chapter - My Thought
2nd Chapter - Others Thoughts
3rd Chapter - Comparison
4th Chapter - Theory
Conclusion - Aura


To finish off the tutorial Amber told me I need to be more confident with my approach, as my ideas are strong but I am presenting them like they are GCSE level. So next time I need to go in and be confident with my ideas & tell her what I have done, rather than questioning myself constantly.



2 Weeks time: Prolog & Introduction written, also primary research list & email ready to send?
  (MILESTONE)

No comments:

Post a Comment