Friday 20 December 2013

ISTD Secondary Research

So I started my secondary research by searching for branding of sweet shops online. And there wasn't much that came up so I just started to research sweet shops and see what came up with then got inspiration from that.





I really like the use of random objects in these they are very child like although they are very clinical. I like the use of block colour on opposite side and thin sans serif font. Although, you can't really tell that this is a sweetie company form the business card and this is what is suppose to be promoting the company from a glance.




I like the use of the stock as a colour on these, although, they are not fun like sweet shops are suppose to be. I think that an inject of colour is needed to be placed into them. I like the illustration of the cupcake. This looks a very expensive sweet shop with the gold edging etc...






I like the use of the sweets to create illustrations. This is showing the play within the candy. I like the use of the bright colours with he blank background. The print behind is a good mixed media and works well together.
 



I like these jars as they are different to the rest of the others I have seen although, I don't like how you can't see the sweets from the front view.  I don't like all the different jars have different colours as not every sweet would be possible to have a different colour.




I like the use of the polka dots, I think these add an interesting effect although, these aren't an exact circle but they still look good. And they match the hand rendered effect type.



This is the design spread across all the stationary. This is all the same design just put onto different nets in different sizes. I like the use of the brown paper bags. I am not too sure about the bag as the handle doesn't look very strong and looks a bit weird how wide it is in level with the edge of the bag.




 I think I need to create labels for pic & mix and to label different things under covers. Theses are simple and hand written. I could just create an outline so the titles can be written when needs be.





I love these jars. Although, I do think it would be hard to read the font on the jars since it wouldn't always be bright colour from example liquorice is black so it would be black on black.






I like the idea of using stickers to hold down the fold down of the bag. Although I do like the salmon pink and black. The bag does need a base, as then the sweets will fit nicely. The bags I have seen so far have just been flat and no bottoms therefore you can't fit a lot of sweets in them.






 I liked these quotes as soon as I seen them. They are very tongue & cheek and I like hoe they are all personally for each sweet. These where for a branding of a sweet making company rather than a sweet shop. I like the use of the image as the colour of the text as well as the background image.





I like the idea of creating a canvas bag. The simplistic drawing of the sweets work well. Even thought the detail doesn't cover the full bag it works well & I think that if it did cover the full bag then it would not be as nice.







I like the simple line drawing, The different colours are working OK with each other but I can see it working with just two colours. Black for the outline and pink to colour block in. I like the use of different sweets in each and how they they have shown them through there typical features.









As soon as I seen this packaging I loved it. This could be for gifts that are ordered but this is not something that would be efficient for the shop keeper to wrap it up like this every time someone bought something. The colour scheme is very appropriate for the theme of these as it is for halloween but I do like the mixture of colours and think that if the symbols wasn't there it wouldn't be too much connoting halloween.








I like the way this leaflet opens out. This is what I would like to do if I end up designing a leaflet I like how i could centralise the 100 year to make it main focus and have the information either in a timeline around it or just having random points around it. This would then get put in there bags when they buy something.

No comments:

Post a Comment