Saturday 28 December 2013

Elegant Beauty Salon Research


 I like the embed of the letters and numbers, I like how you can see the flow of the 2 from the b even though there is detachment. The colours are very bold and not too girly. I like the aqua colour which works well with the grey. I think that the bold with the thin copy is balanced well.



 I like the good balance of this logo. The bock colour with the script & the thin type elbow. The script font is bold and this is a small logo and could work without the copy.





I like the use of the hand rendered font, although it could also look childish. This is probably due to the heart. I like the thin type with a strong bond between all the letters.





 I like this due to the strong bold with only one letter. Although, it has been manipulated with the swirl to make it more interesting. This could be a good logo standing alone. I like the use of the mix of serifs and curved serifs.





 This again has just one letter which has been manipulated to create a logo the balance is equal and is a good square which works well within logos. The year i wouldn't put onto the logo as this shows that the company is not very well established although they are going for an old vintage look through the font & the colours.



I like the attachment to an vector of an image. This could then work stand alone as well as with the font. Although, this doesn't scream out to me a beauty logo without the title underneath of health spa retreat?






Appointment Cards


 This type of appointment cards seem to be trending at the moment, but personally I think that it is a waste of space. I think that the space could be used more efficiently for more than one use. I do like the color scheme of the bottom one I think the blue & the green works very well.



 This is a very innovative way but also would be more cost due to the insert double sided and the double sided leaflet. I also like the colour scheme again although, I don't have that choice due to the bland colour scheme. This would be for more a high end salon rather than a salon starting out.



I like the use of the break up of the page been date & time only as this is the only information you need to note. I don't think this is meant to be an appointment card due to the title this is not a reminder as you wouldn't relate this to getting your nails done.



Pricing List



 I like the idea of having a small price list & a big A3 for putting on the wall. I think I am going to make it the same size of the business card so it can fit in their purse.


 This would only work if the salon was going a lot of treatments as this has many pages.



 This is a very badly laid out pricing list. Its hard to focus and leads your eye all over the place. I like the large titles with the small bodycopy. Although I have just realised this is just a list not a pricing list as this does not have prices on.




I like the idea of doing a square leaflet as it adds some definition to the list without costing more in the long run. I think the bottom would be very similar to mine due to the simple layout. I do like the break down of the treatments on the browncow one, as this makes it easy to scan through and find the treatment you want.


Gift Vouchers



 I like the layout of this gift voucher with the main focus been on the name of the receiver and then all the little info at the bottom.



I liked the idea of adding a ribbon to make the gift voucher look more special rather than just a piece of paper in an envelope. Then I thought about adding a bow digitally rather than creating more cost for Hannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment