Wednesday 18 December 2013

Hand Drawn Type Cards Research

 I like the use of the mixed typefaces. I thought about going down the route of a valentines day card so these are the cards I started looking at firstly. Although, I think the colours are pretty drab and they need to be brighter.



 I love the simplicity of this lettering, it is so attractive just from the typeface and layout. Doesn't need colour. I love the layout and the hierarchy of the words. The stroke size changes like a calligraphy style, this is what makes it so appealing I believe.




 I like the way they have used simple type for simple language.




 I like the way they have created the lettering around each other and used highlights of colours only, with black outline.



 I love the use of the change of colour horizontally, this is a water colour effect and it works very effectively with this font.






 I like the use of this, it is obviously not rendered to be perfect to represent the hand rendered look. I like the background image of the squares, it shows how it has been built up in its rawist form.



 I like the colouring style on this is looks like it has been stenciled because it is so crisp for a water colour painting. Again compliments on the stroke weight changing throughout.







 I started looking at different quotes that I could use on my card as this would be the basis of the card & how the typeface would develop.



 This is very floral and would work very well for a mothers day card or a woman's birthday card.



 This lettering has had the counters removed. I do like this look but I think the target market would not suit this lettering, as it is for more of a younger audience.


 I like the chalkboard effect, this is something I would like to learn the effect of how to do on photoshop. So this is something I could do to push myself to be able to learn how to create this effect digitally by mocking up.




 I thought this was a pretty funny quote but again I didn't think it was appropriate for the market due to this could be offensive for some people therefore can see it in a boutique card shop rather than Marks & Spencers.




 I like the use of a continuous line typeface. The use of the stock with the white fill within the dot of the I.



I like the use of the layout been jusified as it gives a clean edge and boundary but I also like the very scripty fonts maybe I could give a mix of the two...

No comments:

Post a Comment