Tuesday 28 May 2013

Self Promotional Pack Research






Self Promotional Pack Research

When I first started researching about self promotion. Just alot of Creative CVs came up but I didn't want to do that as I didn't think it was appropriate to the brief and didn't answer it. As we are not been asked to apply for a job etc...









This is the first package I seen and thought this is what I want to do. I want to make a box and have things inside it. The whole package is flowing and has little light-hearted treat which I would like to put into mine.





I thought this was a good idea. Because I like how it isnt a big thing but has lots of this collected together which you can also use as a poster etc...








This is also another I seen and made me wanted to create a box. I like big projects where you make lots of things that work together. I like how everything is labelled and I like the idea of having a portfolio of work but I maybe wrote about them rather than just put photos in.




This is not something I would like to do as its not my style of work but I thought it was very clever and innovative.





PACKAGING:
This is very innovative packaging, I like how they have used into a food packaging although I would like to know how they have related this to themselves.



This is a very interesting package and I really like how it has been sewn together. I liek the use of the brown stock and the black ink.





Both of these packagings are both very compacks although I do think the pink one need to have a smaller box as it looks very crumpled together.



I would like to do one of these but maybe with quotes I agree with and what have reflected on my year.











This is the style I would like to use on my quotes for my swatch book. I like the hand rendered style and the great quality you get from it.


I like this box although I think the black newspaper maybe abit too much. I like how everything has its place in the box and looks like it has all been made to fit.






I like this package and the slogan on the front although this does not really relate to me. I do like the stock and both of the typfaces used.



This branding is very fitting and works across all the board. The use of the colour is rather dull and doesn't say much about himself.





I like the use of having ribbon around paper and holding things together just makes it look neater and more pretty.



This is also the style I want to use for my quote book.







BUSINESS CARDS:
I like the use of the coloured edges. This is a very vibrant and I like how they have used different colours on each side. I like the use of the embossing too as this shows a subtle professionalism.



This a good idea to have it cut out rather than a line to make the logo. Simple things like this can really change how innovated something looks.




Again using a ribbon to finish of the business card although I think this is not relevant to my business.
Sticking on things to the business card gives it a crafty look which would be good for myself.



I like the hand drawn element and also the screen printed look.




This is an unusual shape for a business card although it wouldnt just fit into someones wallet easily.



Embossing and having a block pattern on the back is very creative and I like the look.



Again I like the cut out.



I like the curved edges.


Using different coloured card so there is no distinct look.
I like the use of the spot gloss.



These business cards are all what I like, and will take inspiration from some of them.




ADDITIONAL ITEMS:
Alot of people I have seen have used rock as a promotional material. Although I don't think this is relevant to me. Even though I like the idea of a simple wrap around the rock.



I like the look of a cookie in the box. I think has a innovative item and due to it been packaged doesnt really have to fit in with the look of the package.



I like this idea of rebranding skittles with your name and using the colours as something about yourself.





I think this is a great idea, I like how they have wrote a little quote on each crayon with something that relates to them.










I like the olden wax seals and I am going to research how I can create my own for the top of my box with my logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment