Thursday 2 May 2013

A Brief History Of... Research




A Brief History Of....











This is where the idea of the variation page came from. I like how they are all seperated and segregated and you can twist and turn over the page. It would be nice to use transparent paper due to the ability to be able to see through so you can see the title underneath & also the back to front use of the type.




This has been very good inspiration and the binding for this book has inspired me for mine, As it needs the expansion similar to this. And also it is going to be a short fat book in a similar style to this.






This is the idea of the cage for the title of helvetica in the wild. This is just connecting the pop-up and title to make it more appropriate rather than just using a certain pop-up for not apparent reason.


This is what me the inspiration for the drop cap of the A & H for the history of the fonts. I like the use of the bend in the pages to make the letter 3D. I do like the information been held in the middle but this would be difficult with the letters I am wanting to do with this pop-up.




These are all the pop-ups that I found that I took inspiration from. This is due to the simplicity of them and how they can be put into relation with type and rather than just normal pop-ups. When you think of a pop-up you think of something quite elaborate but the pop-ups I am wanting to recreate are very simple and clean rather than busy and elaborate. The main inspirational material is the ABC3D book, this gave me the idea of doing a book with is manipulating type. As I didn't just want to copy this as it would be difficult to match and bet this. Also would be hard to get all points across as not all of the alphabet shows a different & would become quite boring over time.














Arial versus Helvetica

October 2007


http://www.marksimonson.com/notebook/view/how-to-spot-arial

How To Spot Arial


No comments:

Post a Comment