Friday 10 October 2014

COP Presentation & Feedback




So I have started preping my presentation layout etc... to make sure that I got everything in it.







To prep for my interview as last time I felt that I wrote paragraphs in my book but I didnt look at them so I wrote on little note cards so I could flick through this as I thought this would benefit my presentation skills and develop on from last time.










Today I had my COP presentation, I was very worried about this but felt that the outcome overall was very good & I overcome my fear of talking in front of an audience. I felt like I was more nervous for this presentation than my PPP, I think that this is due to the direct outcome whereas the PPP presentation was more about me & my practition.





So these are my possible titles: I believe the top one is the strongest with the bottom two been very similar with just the slight word change. The only reason why I want to word the second two in that way is because I want to talk about the effect but I can talk about that in the top one also.



Themes: Handmade design, digital design, handmade digital design, has computer killed graphic design? History of graphic design & designers! The trend of designs & how it has developed through modern-day.






Research: These are some of the areas I have researched into with the focus now on the question. At first I researched into my main area of focus, without a question. I thought this would strengthen my outcome & end up with a more well-rounded project. Although, this has only confused my mindset etc...





Books: The books I have looked are listed- One of my favourites is make your luck by Kate Moross. Many books I have ordered on the internet over the holidays were very imaged based which I didn't think they would be from the overview etc... So therefore I have read more books when I have come back to uni so I could see inside the book & quotes have now been easier to find!





Journals: These are many journals & articles I have found online which I still need to look at. I have found many articles online that have largely affected my question & further my research.




Primary research that I could possibly do is structured with practitioners that I strongly believe although this could be biased. So maybe I would have to find some heavily digitalised practitioners too. I felt I could also observe in all the three studios and see how people work, d they mix their styles? Finally, hand out questionnaires to all three years to see what people think about my subject? I was thinking possibly in both forms paper & digitally sent in an email which will give me the quantitative information about how they replied which would be a strong primary research.






Who I want to speak to?: I want to speak to a few studios such as Fieldwork as I know they are largely hand-on. Also robot food as they create packaging and therefore do mock-ups etc.. first and then I would need another studio in which I know isn't largely based around hands on design so this was not a biased outcome. And then finally I want to speak to practitioners through interviews hopefully.








These practitioners are all a mix between handmade & digital & then also a mix of both. The theories are based on whether it has human construction or technology advancements...




These are my possible ideas for practical although these are just quite ideas as I am not strongly in favour of any at this point in time & I am hoping this will strengthen with further research.







Feedback

Simon told me to take out a book at the library - The Theory of Craft By Rob Razati.

They told me that my research was very focused but my question did not match up with this so therefore this is something I need help with.

It was well matched with my practical work.

Communication theory? How does this fit in? People interact but then now my question doesn't answer this.

What do you mean by handmade? Craft? Hand rendered?





No comments:

Post a Comment